Thursday, May 17, 2012

Spring Mantle Update

After looking at our spring mantle for several weeks (and the purchase of a beautiful HUGE square clock) I decided it wasn't really working for me.  The colors were too bright and bold to go with our living room decor.  I decided to go with a muted green and yellow color scheme.

I grabbed some paint samples from a local shopping center and refreshed my spring word art.

Here's a reminder of what it looked like before:
 
And here is what it looks like now!
 
I also re-did my spring subway art.  This time I used a digital paper design from MelStampz and used PowerPoint to create the art.  I downloaded several of the fonts from dafont.com 
Here's what my original attempt at subway art with paint samples looked like:
 
Some of you may have already had a sneak-peak at my new subway art, as I posted it as a free printable in later April:

Here's an overall comparison between the two spring mantles.

BEFORE

AFTER

The new colors work so much better in our living room and help the room feel more welcoming.  The bright colors (though I do love them!) were just too much in-your-face.

No comments:

Post a Comment